Pistachio Cake - 5th Birthday of NaavinRuchi


          Hello everyone......This is a special post for me, this is the first time I am publishing an anniversary post. Happy to announce that NaavinRuchi is celebrating its 5th birthday today...!!!😊 It was 5 years back on the same day, I posted the first recipe on this blog..😊. Though it has been 5 years, I had to take some long breaks in between (not months.... almost years) due to personal commitments. But today I feel so happy for the best decision I have made, that I still mange to  continue writing. I started off blogging as a platform to share the recipes that I have tried, but over these years I understood that it has helped a lot to improve my cooking, writing, photography skills and my artistic outlook. I know I have taken only baby steps as a food blogger and have a lot more to learn in the years to come by. 
     Though I had deep interest in cooking from my very young age, never in my life I have thought that I would become a food blogger and have a blog of my own. Being a food blogger doesn't mean I am an expert cook. There are times when I end up in failure. After all they are all experiments and that's how you learn.....But I can assure that I have posted only recipes  that are successful. I really would like to thank everyone who has been throughout my blogging journey, the Almighty- my source of inner strength, my husband, Kiran who was the first person who asked me to start writing a blog and who has been my pillar of strength throughout, my family for their constant support and encouragement, especially my mother who has lighted the spark of cooking in me , the one who has taught me that rather than a normal household chore, "Cooking" is also an "Art" and the secret ingredient to any recipe you make is "LOVE" , my friends and well wishers who have shared their open feedback and suggestions which has helped me a lot to improve further.
          Any happy occasion is celebrated by cutting a cake, So I also thought I will share a slice of happiness to all the readers by posting a recipe of a cake- a  semi nude pistachio cake with whipped cream frosting.......
😊I am not a fan of thick frosting cakes. So I really wanted to make something with very subtle  flavor. And I think the decision was right. The end result was so yummy and my 4 yr old daughter was super happy with the result and to cut it....😊. This blog is actually a journal for saving the recipes which I have tried and tested at home so far. It takes a lot of time and effort before posting a recipe, right from grabbing the ingredients, cooking, clicking the pics ,writing, and making the notes for the things to take care while making each recipes. But at the  end, I know it is really worth it. I can have a quick  look in referring to  ingredients and measurements of the recipes, if I have a doubt. Also I can share it to my daughter, in future, if she has interest in cooking . She can  use it as a  reference, go though the pages and have a look at the dishes her mommy has made...😊
          Thanking  each and every readers of this blog for their love and constant support. Thank you for the insta - friends, my fellow-bloggers, followers who inspire me to go forward- it truly means a lot  to me.Thanking you all once again......!!!

Cheers
Asha



 " Pistachio Cake "- A  delicious buttery , nutty, semi nude, rustic cake made from real pistachio, and topped with whipped cream frosting. Each layer of cake is separated with  a thin layer of freshly whipped  cream and  crumbed pistachios which gives a crunch in every bite. It is mildly flavored with vanilla essence that complements well with the  flavor of  pistachios. Truly it is a love  at at first bite cake........!!!!😊


Ingredients

  1. All purpose flour - 1.5 cup
  2. Pistachios - 11/4 cup
  3. Baking Powder - 1 tsp
  4. Baking soda- 1/4 tsp
  5. Salt- 1/2 tsp (skip if you are using salted pistachios)
  6. Butter - 3/4 stick
  7. Egg white - 3
  8. Egg yolk - 2
  9. Yogurt/Sour cream - 2 tbsp
  10. Vanilla essence -1 tsp
  11. Sugar-  3/4 cup -1 cup (according to preference of sweetness)
  12. Milk - 1/4 cup
  13. Green gel food color -1 tiny drop (optional)


Method
  1. Preheat an oven at 350 F (180 C). 
  2. Crush  the pistachios into crumbs using a food processor.
  3. Mix together flour,salt, baking soda and baking powder.
  4. Add about 1 cup of pistachio crumbs to the flour. Save the rest for layering and decoration.
  5. In a stand mixer or using a hand beater , beat the egg whites along with 1/4 cup sugar to stiff peaks.
  6. In another bowl beat the butter along with sugar until creamy.
  7. Add 2 egg yolks one by one , followed by vanilla essence, yogurt.
  8. Add the dry ingredients gently and fold the mixture along with  beaten egg white and milk.
  9. Add a tiny drop of green gel food color if you are using it.
  10. Transfer to three 6 inch greased baking pans.
  11. Bake for about 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.




Ingredients for assembling and decoration
  1. Sugar syrup -3 tbsp
  2. Crushed pistachios
  3. Frosting of your choice (cream cheese, butter cream or whipped cream frosting)
Ingredients for whipped cream frosting
  1. Heavy whipping cream - 2.5 cup
  2. Sugar - 1/4 cup
  3. Vanilla essence - 2 tsp
Method
  • In a stand mixer using the whisk attachment beat the whipping cream along with sugar and vanilla essence till  stiff peaks are formed.

Assembling
  1. Once done allow the cakes to cool.
  2. Arrange the first layer of cake on a cake board and add adequate amount of sugar syrup to the first layer.
  3. Add the frosting and spread it evenly.
  4. Add crushed pistachio crumbs and repeat for the other two layers.
  5. Top the cake with the frosting and garnish with pistachio crumbs.
  6. Allow to cake to cool at least 1 hr before slicing.


Notes
  • Add the sugar according to your sweetness level.I have added only 3/4 th cup of sugar ,since i like it mildly sweet.
  • You can add any frosting to your choice.like cream cheese, or buttercream frosting.
  • Keeping the cake in fridge for an hour before slicing helps them to hold its structure and easy cutting.


Follow me on instagram  @ naavinruchi  and on facebook @ NaavinRuchi if you like .
Cheers,
Asha

Comments

Popular Posts